PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt = internet poker's dark horse?

jasonHoldEm
07-06-2004, 06:41 PM
I played a few times on their beta software and just played today in one of their beta token freerolls (I won $12.50, woo-hoo!).

I'm really impressed with the site overall, software is very solid/stable, support seems knowledgeable, they've been running multi-page ads in CP for the last couple months (before they've even lauched real money) so it's clear the marketing dollars are there and the big name players are going to be a big draw.

It will be very interesting to see how the site fares once it is officially up and running. I think they might be surprisingly successful.

Just my .02, I'm not a shill.

Peace,
J

Alobar
07-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Shill!!!! oh wait..... ;(

Frozen
07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Will they offer discounted rakes?

Inthacup
07-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I think they have a very good chance of becoming a solid and reputable site.

gabyyyyy
07-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I like the site. I think it has great potential.

The only thing I do not like, is the ACR like software.

Synergistic Explosions
07-06-2004, 08:04 PM
I agree. I am always excited when a new site with promise opens. Hopefully they will offer something for our play that is new. The more competition the better.

Also, with the number of respected pros they have supporting the site, it could be a move to help full time pros with sponsorship opportunities. Something that is much needed in pro poker. If this site takes off quickly, many other sites, new and old, may move quickly to sign up other pros. This would only make pro poker that much stronger for the future.

ctv1116
07-06-2004, 09:30 PM
their high-profile endorsers will surely get it some user base during the WSOP telecasts, especially the new crowd of poker players.

MMMMMM
07-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Can you turn off the Full-Tilt avatars? How about the "scenic" clutter?

young nut
07-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I played Full tilt for a few weeks while the beta testing was going on, and I did notice a few annoyances / problems:
1. it seems very, very cluttered. Too much scenery and color.
2. it also seems very fast. I personally like some build up in suspense on an allin, albeit maybe just a few seconds
3. pocket pairs seems to be out way more than statistically possible. I have seen way too many 3 or 4 pocket pair hands on that site.

But the plus to the site is the pro sponsors. I like this idea, and I also like the fact that some of those pros will be playing on that site. I think the site will do pretty well, but it just needs to be cleaned up a little.

I'm still waiting on a poker site that allows you to skin it yourself.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BradleyT
07-07-2004, 01:55 AM
They're getting free publicity from the ESPN WSOP coverage. I noticed Phil Ivey had on his FTP gear when they showed him.

Overdrive
07-07-2004, 03:59 AM
They obviously have alot of big name backing and are spending alot on advertising. I liked their ads in Cardplayer, but man that Looney Toon like software just doesn't do it for me. I really can't see myself switching away from the two main places I play (UB and Pokerroom) to play there.

Mike Haven
07-07-2004, 05:32 AM
you can turn off the avatars under options in the lobby, and can change table background by right-clicking on table

Oblomov
07-07-2004, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the site. I think it has great potential.

The only thing I do not like, is the ACR like software.

[/ QUOTE ]

The software actually reminded me more of Jet Set Poker, what with the cartoon avatars.

The programme did run smoothly, that is until they introduced their "beta-blowout" multi-table tournaments. Judging by the number of updates I’ve had to download since then, they’re still finetunning their software.

The only thing that they really have going for them is these pro's that play at their own table (incredible waiting lists though). I must say though, that I doubt very much whether that will be enough to really become one of the big players in Internet Poker. Especially as there are in fact other sites where you can play big-name pro’s in certain tournaments (like Royal Vegas’ ‘Meet the expert’ series or the Headhunter special over at Jet Set where Mike Caro competes).

BreakEvenPlayer
07-07-2004, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3. pocket pairs seems to be out way more than statistically possible. I have seen way too many 3 or 4 pocket pair hands on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. All these new sites have so much potential, but they put out pocket pairs way to many times. I saw a hand where one guy had aces and the other guy had kings, IN THE SAME HAND! I mean, this stuff just doesn't happen in real life.

El Barto
07-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Anyone have a good reason for us to join?

soft games?

good bonus?

RollaJ
07-07-2004, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey first conspiracy theory!!
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Is it true that all of the first 500 beta testers got the 7cs hilo pattern map?

Syntax
07-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I think this site has potential to gain a lot of steam. I would like to start playing there when they launch, however I will have to fish around for the best affiliate rebate deal before signing up. I thought about signing up for thier betas butm I think anyone would be crazy this day in age to switch over to a new site without getting a rakeback deal.

bisonbison
07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Just set up an account. The cards are a little ugly, but other than that I like it a lot. Handsome site. Clean interface. Good speeds.

B Dids
07-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I like it. The avatars were cute at first, but they need more of them. The backgrounds are annoying. I've found myself using "plain".

I don't like the chat window. Detached it's too big, pinned down it's too small.

The way the cards are dealt is weird.

But that's just silly superficial stuff.

Game play is OK. I like the way the tournaments are wrong. I'll take issue with the stability of their software. They had some issues with their beta freerolls, and obviously that kinda stuff is going to happen during beta testing, but I wouldn't say that it's proven to be fantastic as of yet.

jasonHoldEm
07-07-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the number of updates I’ve had to download since then, they’re still finetunning their software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...isn't it great a site is willing to lauch s-l-o-w-l-y instead of jumping into real money, multi table events, etc all at once with software and support that is awful (ahem...party).

Again, just my .02...I'm going to STFU now.

J

Nottom
07-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I played in (and won /images/graemlins/grin.gif) one of their Beta Token Freerolls last night and was quite impressed by the tourney structure. Nice and slow blind escalations, even at the final table there was a reasonable amount of play with stacks ranging from about 9BB to almost 100BBs. When it was heads up it was nice to be able to make some moves for the pot without committing yourself for your entire stack we had about there were a good 80BBs worth of chips in play at the end of the tourney which I though was quite nice.