PDA

View Full Version : How much can you learn by watching the 200+15 tournys?

AA suited
07-06-2004, 06:11 PM
i'm thinking that watching the top 5 players left at a 200+15 table would be helpful.

my thought is that these people probably have read all the books, and know what's the best move in that particular situation.

or is it worthless since they have a read on the opponent and i dont. and/or that i dont know what their cards are?

Abagadro
07-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Never tried it, but I imagine the lack of showdowns when it gets down to that point would mean you don't pick up all that much information. Could be wrong though.

AJo Go All In
07-06-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my thought is that these people probably have read all the books, and know what's the best move in that particular situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. if this were true then i would quit playing immediately.

La Brujita
07-06-2004, 06:38 PM
You probably would get some good value from wathing top players' tournaments on the replayer. I watched some of one of a tournament Frozen played to try and learn. I thought it was helpful, I just didn't get the time to get through it. It is on my to do list to watch more, I haven't solely because I don't play too many sit and gos now so it is not the best use of my time.

AA suited
07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You probably would get some good value from wathing top players' tournaments on the replayer. I watched some of one of a tournament Frozen played to try and learn. I thought it was helpful, I just didn't get the time to get through it. It is on my to do list to watch more, I haven't solely because I don't play too many sit and gos now so it is not the best use of my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

what replayer? and how do you get their hand history if you're no on the table? (besides writing down each hand, and manually requesting one at a time?)

La Brujita
07-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Hand History Replayer (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/visitor_histories.html)

Here is the replayer with a bunch of Frozen's games.

ZeeJustin
07-06-2004, 07:57 PM
These players are mostly awful. Do not watch these thinking that every move made is correct... or even rational for that matter.

La Brujita
07-06-2004, 08:23 PM
I mean it would be a good idea to see what Frozen does. Watching good players play multis has really helped my multi game.

Desdia72
07-06-2004, 10:08 PM
what's this guy's ITM%? geesh. how many a day is he playing?

Desdia72
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand History Replayer (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/visitor_histories.html)

Here is the replayer with a bunch of Frozen's games.

[/ QUOTE ]

how'd you get access to this?

Desdia72
07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
apply to the bigger field tourneys also or just SNGs?

AleoMagus
07-06-2004, 11:16 PM
This is up there for most valuable post/link I have ever seen.

I've only watched a few tourneys so far and already I am finding big differences from my own game. Some I even disagree with, but it's all very good to watch.

Amazing to me the number of smaller than pot sized bets he makes with draws on the board. Just calling raises preflop with AA and KK seems questionable also. I'll definitely be going over all of these in the next few days.

Thanks a lot for this link

Regards
Brad S

AleoMagus
07-06-2004, 11:28 PM
That whole site is absolutely the best sng resource I have seen on the net yet.

The player profiles guide, and the NL and Limit Strategy guides are excellent and thought provoking. Really good stuff.

Unbelievable resource here

Thanks again
Brad S

ZeeJustin
07-06-2004, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some I even disagree with, but it's all very good to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frozen is a great player, but never be afraid to disagree with his plays. I'm sure he will agree with me when I say his play is not perfect [Note that I admit I screw up routinely, and am in no way comparing Frozen to myself]. In fact, it would create some healthy discussion if you did post a couple hand histories of his where you do disagree with him. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but analytical discussion is a great way to become better.

BradleyT
07-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Just a note, FireFox turns JavaScript off by default so you'll have to enable it or use I.E. to watch.

Thanks for the link, I had visited here months ago but forgot to bookmark it.

Bobby Digital
07-07-2004, 01:38 AM
There is a multi-table hand history on there that shows all the hole cards! I found it very interesting and informative to watch.

Great site, great link.

La Brujita
07-07-2004, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how'd you get access to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the hh replayer to watch my games to improve my game. It is for public use. I am guessing Frozen uses/used it as well and was kind enough to share his tournaments as a thank you.

Regards

Desdia72
07-07-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apply to the bigger field tourneys also or just SNGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

any clarification on that?

La Brujita
07-07-2004, 02:19 PM
You can watch your multis or ring games on the replayer.

Desdia72
07-07-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can watch your multis or ring games on the replayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, what i meant is, it says that Frozen is a top ranked tourney player on Party. does it mean MMTs also or just SNGs?

La Brujita
07-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Ahh, I am sorry I didn't understand your question. I don't know either way actually. But I can say that I have seen ZeeJustin, TipsyJoker and others in many of the multis I play but I have not really seen Frozen. Perhaps he spends most of his time on Single table tourneys.

He posts here so maybe he will see this and answer.

Frozen
07-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi kids!

I'm not sure how much Frozen will divulge here, as he's kind of an a-hole.

At any rate, I rarely play multis (I'd actually NEVER play party multis back when they allowed the all-in disconnect cheating.) I don't keep any records either, I just get high and play.

Laomedon
07-07-2004, 04:45 PM
It's nice to find an occupation that allows this kind of mentality, isn't it?

AtlBrvs4Life
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I have done this before and my results were good. The only problem being I really didn't feel like playing poker and playing more than two tables was difficult.

Desdia72
07-07-2004, 06:43 PM
playing in the $100s and $200s? obviously these guys respect your play and results a whole lot.

AJo Go All In
07-07-2004, 07:08 PM
who cares about itm? that statistic seems pretty useless. what if i told you i had a 50% ITM and i lost money? how about a 25% ITM and i'm winning?

Frozen
07-07-2004, 08:22 PM
I swear, I don't even know.