PDA

View Full Version : staking and bankroll arrangements

Bubu
07-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi,
What are typical staking arrangements ?
How does one usually terminate the arrangement ?

Fudgenut
07-06-2004, 06:28 PM
I would say stake X amount, deal ends when staked player gets up to 3X. Then, you get 2X back, leaving player with X. Or, deal ends when player gets 4X, You get 2X back, leaving player with 2X.

DcifrThs
07-06-2004, 06:32 PM
of all the times i've been staked or about to be staked the arrangements have been remarkably similar.

usually 50% of your profit goes to the stakehorse and all losses are covered by said stakehorse until a predetermined time or mutual consent deems the arrangement null...

therefore, its best to be in such arrangements for specified periods of time or mutually understood renegotiation at a predetermined date.

good luck. just be sure you trust the people you deal with.

-Barron

Bubu
07-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks !
I am still a little confused... the negotiaition does not require the repayment of the initial bankroll stake ?

If it doesnt require the repayment then let me construct the following example. Say I want to fund someone to play online. I could give him 300bb stake and demand a weekly pay of half his action for say 500 table hours. If he is a 2bb/hr player then that would yield me 500 bb, or a net profit of 200 bb ?

hmmm. If this example is correct, I can see how these arrangements can be profitable. Is it correct ?

Typically how long are the contracts for ?

Bubu