PDA

View Full Version : what a hand.....what to do?

01-31-2002, 12:07 AM
This was a 10/20 game, late night, 8 handed and getting more and more aggressive or maybe crazy is a better term. I was not involved but took a look at the players cards next to me an he had AK off and had limped in, only for the pot to be raised by a solid somtimes weak tight player who was in mid position, and reraised by another player.

5 players see the flop of Ah-Jh-7d, the hand I saw was UTG, he checked and it was checked all the way around.

Turn is the Ks, my neighbor checks again, the original raiser bets this time, it is folded to the small blind who calls, and my neighbor raises, original raiser makes it three bets and the small blind caps it at 4 bets(yes the cap is 4 bets).

what should my neighbor do here....muck or call...by the way the original raiser had about 60.00 in chips left. Results to follow!!!

Swiss Cheese

01-31-2002, 12:14 AM
because of the likelihood that hero is drawing dead (or near dead if his hand is at all live) he should fold.

01-31-2002, 12:30 AM
The river was the Kc and after the betting the original raiser turned over JJ for the jacks full to beat the SB QhTh for the nut straight on turn with the straight flush redraw. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Swiss Cheese

01-31-2002, 01:22 PM
He is only drawing dead if one of them has AA. When it gets capped like that you can be pretty sure someone has the nuts: Q10. I would put the other guy on a set, and since I have an ace and there's an ace on board, I would figured it's not AA. He may also have Q10. The poster said the game was crazy. All that said, the pot isn't quite big enough to put in 2 more BB with only 4 outs max, though it's close. Back of the envelope, I think it's about 9 to 1 immediate odds on an 11+ to 1 shot, but you know you will get action if you hit so it's close. I'm surprised he folded.....