PDA

View Full Version : Possible hijacking (Party/Empire)?

berya
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Did anybody ever get kicked off from Empire/Party with some kind of a message saying that you are already signed on from another computer??? What is that all about. I logged back in right away and everything seems OK (have been checking the account balance daily as well). I'm a concerned. Seem to recall somebody might have posted something like this before but can't find the post. Please respond if this happened to you and the outcome. Thank you.

OrangeHeat
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
This happened to me on Sunday. Same thing logged back on and changed password there, on party, and on neteller to be safe.

Anyone know if this was a glitch or has someone hacked them???????????????????

Orange

C-Dog
07-06-2004, 04:06 PM
It happened to me recently once, and it had also happened to me a year or so ago. I didnt change anything, and have never seen any discrepencies, so I don't worry about it. Of course I probably dont have as much on the sites as some people so I have thousands of fewer reasons to worry...

C-Dog

berya
07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
It happened to me on Saturday around 9-10pm or so. There is absolutely almost zero chance that it was one of my friends or somebody at work. I never used any other computer to play on Empire/Party ever. Never told anyone my password either.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
never say never (or 'zero percent chance').

somebody recently posted about someone's party account getting hacked and someone cashing out all their funds.

i don't think these little messages are anything to worry about as they appear to be a bug in party's system....but you never know and i would certainly recommend changing one's password just to be safe.

anyway, just because you never played anywhere else or gave anyone your password does not mean you are completely immune to getting hacked and all your money ripped off.

again, i'm not paranoid of such things happening and i haven't changed my passwords in an eternity (need to get on that i guess) and i have had no problems.
but to think it's completely impossible is incorrect.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 04:28 PM
another thought occured to me.

for those who were getting the message.....had you played on party within the previous couple of days of receiving the message??

perhaps there was a space in there where party simply neglected to log you out properly when you signed off..thus it thought you were still signed-on (even though it was via the same computer).

by the way...i have not had this problem.

a few months ago i received a couple of e-mails out of the blue saying that i had requested my password.
i had not requested my password, but the possibility that someone else might have requested it prompted me to change my password.

i e-mailed party about it and they said it was likely a bug in their system and nothing to worry about.
these 'signed on from somewhere else' issues may be similarly trivial.

Inthacup
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
It happened to me this morning and I play at Party every day.

Cup

asteroid
07-06-2004, 06:29 PM
hi,
maybe the whole problem has got to do with the buddylist.i had the same occurence 4 times,and every time i had used the buddylist(search).once i stoppedusing this list,it never happened again(now maybe a week ago).as far as i remember,the buddylist was thought to be responsible for some problems already several months ago(for freezing the application and maybe also for this infamous message)

regards

asteroid

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 06:33 PM
that's entirely possible.

when i have a buddy-list freeze it won't let me back onto that table at all.
even if i have already left the table i am not allowed back on. so it seems like it already somehow has me 'at that table' in their system.

something like that anyway.
it's a valid theory.