PDA

View Full Version : i got paid again for UB SNG's....

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
not sure why.
i'm assuming other players got paid again also.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for playing our sitngo tournament tables during our SitnGo CRAZY month! Your account has been credited with $185.00 bonus dollars for the sitngos you played from 2004-07-05 09:37:03 to 7/6/2004.

For complete promotion details, click on the link located on the main screen of the game. Have fun at the tables.

Emma
memberservices@ultimatebet.com

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who's doing this knows that we are supposed to get paid each money for the previous week's play.

what's more....my records show me playing $560 in SNG's so i should get $280 fo rthe time-period they specify...not $185.

however, $170 of those SNG's came betwen midnight and 4am on July 5.
if you take away that then i played $370 meaning i should get paid $195 which is closer.

what is the deal here??
by the way....my records were kind of sloppy for the first week, but i think my total was correct (i might have been the only one). i approximated that i played a little more than $500 and they paid me $265 for the opening week.

johnnycakes
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Me too.
I posted this under the original thread:

Found this in my mail box today:

Thank you for playing our sitngo tournament tables during our SitnGo CRAZY month! Your account has been credited with $153.00 bonus dollars for the sitngos you played from 2004-07-05 09:04:47 to 7/6/2004.

Sheesh. I did indeed get the credit. I wonder if they'll give me the $153 again when I get my credit for this week on next Monday.

Johnny.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 03:59 PM
i just noticed that the time specified was 9:00am-ish....i'm not going to quibble about a few dollars as it appears they got this payment correct.

but i'm not sure i got paid for the overnight play of early morning July 5.
my first payment did not include that time-period either to my knowledge.

Syntax
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
I got another bonus too, I think they just screwed up for everyone... IMO they should just save the trouble and deposit $4,000 in everyone's bonus account and get it over with /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aces961
07-06-2004, 04:21 PM
The payment I got monday was only for my play through saturday afternoon somtime after 2:37 eastern and before 4:29 eastern.
The payment I got today was for my play from that time until sometime after 8:53 eastern.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
well...that would seem to indicate that the cause for the discrepencies in payments are due to different times being applied for different players.

some of the players who got 'overpaid' in the first week may have actually been getting paid for some play they had on Monday as well.

this is getting pretty silly.

but the point is, by sending in an e-mail or two it may be possible to get additional bonus-dollars because they might just be forced to cry uncle and pay out.
i am really starting to doubt whether they have any clue how much any of their players are due.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
this could get interesting....their customer support seems as incompetent as ever.
the e-mail said Re: SNG Crazy Bonus-Dollar award

my response:
please note...i was not referring to clearing the bonus-dollars into my account.
i am referring to the SNG-Crazy bonus-dollar award. i should be receiving more bonus-dollars then what i was paid.

what they sent:
"The points earned in SnG and multitable tournaments do not count towards earning bonus dollars. If there is anything else I can be of assistance, do not hesitate contacting me.

Kind regards,

Sarah Jensen"

from my previous thread...i GUESS it could be confused that i was referring to trying to blear my bonus-dollars...and i really am not certain of what language to use to distinguish between 'earning bonus-dollars' via the SNG-crazy month promo and 'clearing the bonus-dollars' via the raked games.

however, i thought it was fairly obvious that i was referring to receiving the proper amount of bonus-dollars via the SNG-crazy promo.
UB's response to my e-mail is hilarious...yet scary.

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 05:03 PM
not sure what's going on there....but their customer service doesn't seem to be aware that some of their players got paid today.
they really have no clue what's going on.
i feel like i'm back at party.

i have written them again and included the text from the original e-mail that THEY sent to ME just to try to help them out.

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus dollars earned for our "Sit N Go Crazy" promotion will be credited every Monday.
You can read all the details of our promotion here:

blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Malone Brown
07-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Thank you for participating in our SitnGo Crazy promotion during the first week in July. We credited you with $ 1,125.00 on July 5th for your play from July 1st – July 4th. As you probably realize, this is more than the $800 weekly cap we had communicated as part of this promotion. Since this was our error we will not be deducting the overpaid amount. We hope you enjoy redeeming the bonus dollars on the site.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you again for playing.

Sincerely,

Caitlyn

that's what I got sent today...along with another $580 for some reason

Inthacup
07-06-2004, 07:33 PM
You sure you didn't bang Annie Duke or something?

Malone Brown
07-06-2004, 07:36 PM
ahhhhhh!!!.....that's who that's who that was!!!!

Malone

MicroBob
07-07-2004, 12:50 AM
well....after 3 e-mails they still have no clue about the fact that THEY sent ME an extra payment.
here's their last e-mail

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

We apologize for the confusion. The bonus dollars for our "Sit n Go crazy" promotion were credited for all the Sit n Go Tournaments played from Thursday, July 1st until Sunday, July 4th.

The Sit n Go Tournaments from Monday through next Sunday will be credited next Monday.

Best Regards,

Ann
Customer Service Department

[/ QUOTE ]

how can they be this clueless??
it was their own e-mail that was sent TO ME that said 'here is your payment from July 5 09:35 to whatever.

they have paid me twice....but neglected part of the time involved in the middle.

if they pay me FOR ALL play from the last week then that will be fine.

but they really seem to have no clue what's going on.

truly bizarre.
thanks for running a neat promotion but alienating the hell out of me into potentially not returning to your site if things don't improve.

MicroBob
07-07-2004, 02:15 AM
well...this one makes a little more sense....but still doesn't seem to account for the window i was referencing originally.

did somebody from UB read these boards and report back??
who knows??

how many actually think annie duke composed this response to me?? if true, how very strange...yet somehow impressive.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for participating in our SitnGo Crazy promotion. People really seem to be enjoying our single table tournaments now.

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know why you saw 2 separate credits for the first week of our promotion. We had a bit of human error play into our credits. The first credit you saw didn’t account for the entire July 1 – July 4th time period so we ran a second crediting system today to make up the difference. This second credit actually took in to account play up until the morning of July 6th instead of stopping at July 4th so our credit on July 12th will take up where this one left off and run until July 11th. The third week will be back on track again and Monday the 19th will pay on play from July 12th – July 18th (Monday – Sunday).

I apologize for the confusion this double payment has caused and hope I’ve cleared things up for you now. If you have any questions, please let our member services department know at memberservices@ultimatebet.com.

Sincerely,

Annie Duke

[/ QUOTE ]

Overdrive
07-07-2004, 03:53 AM
I also got bonus dollars again from UB for the sit n go promotion. It can be kind of confusing, but I think it's every Monday (?) that it's paid out. But you obviously aren't the only one that has happened to.

RollaJ
07-07-2004, 09:34 AM
I doubt they really mind, it seems on UB that even while clearing a bonus you pay more in rake than you clear

ChristinaB
07-07-2004, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt they really mind, it seems on UB that even while clearing a bonus you pay more in rake than you clear

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good marketing plan.

1) Charge a big rake on those who don't pay attention to how big the rake is.
2) Charge in effect a small rake on those who will not play without a bonus.
3) Keep offering bonus dollars to keep them playing constantly to clear their bonus.