PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Empire and Party?

Rumbles
07-06-2004, 03:44 PM
How are empire and party poker related, if at all?

I recall reading something along the lines that they were the same exact cardroom with different clients.

Am I insane? Are they related at all? Can you use the same affiliate etc.?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Rumbles

P.S. I've had little success with the search function but not from lack of trying, trust me.

Monty Cantsin
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are empire and party poker related, if at all?

I recall reading something along the lines that they were the same exact cardroom with different clients.

Am I insane? Are they related at all? Can you use the same affiliate etc.?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Rumbles

P.S. I've had little success with the search function but not from lack of trying, trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are two different "front ends" to exactly the same tables. The only difference is that Empire has more flushes and Party gives you worse starting cards after any large cashout.

You can't use the same account at both. Tips on how to manage simultaneous Empire/Party accounts can be found in the internet poker forum archives.

/mc

ctv1116
07-06-2004, 08:06 PM
the colors. That's it. And the Multi-table tourneys.

Keats13
07-06-2004, 09:03 PM
And the Bad Beat tables.

pretender2k
07-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Same tables but on Empire you get EP points. Has Party implimented anything like that yet?

Oblivious
07-07-2004, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are two different "front ends" to exactly the same tables. The only difference is that Empire has more flushes and Party gives you worse starting cards after any large cashout.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really hope youre joking.

Sponger15SB
07-07-2004, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really hope youre joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, its true, i have 427 hands in poker tracker, at empire i have hit 4-flushes on the flop 9x, and of those, i have hit 6 of them, which is much higher than what it should be.

also, after i cashed out on party one time i had a streak of 6 hands where i didn't get a face card.

B Dids
07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
So I just cashed 500 out of party and moved to empire. Lots like a muck best on one and played the SOOTED on the other.

davidross
07-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Party and Empire are different skins (or portals) to the same games. THe software is identical, some of the graphics are different, but the ring game tables are the same. They no longer allow you to have accounts at both, but if you had accounts at both before the restrictions, then you cannot sit at the same table with yourself.

THey each have different tournament servers though, and their promotions are different. THey use the same company for cashouts.

Each site has affiliate programs but they are seperate, and you cannot transfer funds between the two.

Kevroc
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nope, its true, i have 427 hands in poker tracker, at empire i have hit 4-flushes on the flop 9x, and of those, i have hit 6 of them, which is much higher than what it should be.

also, after i cashed out on party one time i had a streak of 6 hands where i didn't get a face card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it guys you're killing me!! Sarcasm that only Dennis Miller and Kurt Vonnegut could trump!

B Dids
07-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Note that "they no longer allow you to have accounts on both" is pretty easy to get around.

sthief09
07-07-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same tables but on Empire you get EP points. Has Party implimented anything like that yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got $75 for playing 50,000 hands. EP points suck.

charlie_t_jr
07-07-2004, 07:28 PM
"No longer can have accounts at both"....are you sure?

Last week I signed up at Empire to get the bonus. Same computer, same email, same name, etc. I just changed my user name.

A rep called and asked about the account at Party, I said yes I had one, she said ok. I cleared the bonus and withdrew funds, and still play at both...so far no problems.

davidross
07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I also have accounts at both, but had been told that was no longer allowed. Maybe they only disallow it if you are signing up on an affiliate program.

lefty rosen
07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Party the players are loose and passive. Empire since it's a mirror site the players are tight and aggressive. Sometimes I feel that I am stuck in another dimension sort of like Spiderman when he stumbled into Dimension X. Or maybe Superman when he went to Earth 2.......... /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
07-08-2004, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they only disallow it if you are signing up on an affiliate program.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect.

of course you can sign up under an affiliate at one of the skins...that's one of the main reasons for signing up at a skin in the first place (along with getting the deposit bonus).

typically, you just need to sign up from a different computer on a different ISP and everything will work out just fine and dandy.

it's "allowed" to have accounts on both sites but you just have to go through a couple of extra steps to get around some road-blocks to get started...but once you're signed-up you're fine.

AJo Go All In
07-08-2004, 02:26 AM
um, the steps to get around the roadblocks.. that's also called "a way to cheat the rules."

you are not allowed to have an account at both, technically.

MicroBob
07-08-2004, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
um, the steps to get around the roadblocks.. that's also called "a way to cheat the rules."

you are not allowed to have an account at both, technically.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can use the same name, e-mail address and neteller account.
after you set it up, both party and empire are fine with the fact that you have accounts at each.

i don't really consider it to be 'cheating' if they are okay with you having accounts at both sites and just implemented a few road-blocks to make it a bit trickier to get bonuses all over the place.

also.....if you called empire and asked to have an account set up because you want to play 8-tables at once they will oftentimes let you do this.

setting up other neteller accounts for your "sister" or "girlfriend" to acquire the empire500 bonus additional times is really 'cheating the rules' (and i didn't get around to doing this)....but having an account at each skin isn't really cheating.

if they had a problem with it they could certainly take further measures to prevent accounts at skins....and could easily close the extra accounts.

i can write to them this very moment and say 'i have an account at party and another one at empire.... i like the re-load bonuses at each one of these sites. is this okay??' and they would say something like 'you're hunky-dorey...thanks for choosing to play at our sites'