PDA

View Full Version : Does Lance Armstrong do illegal drugs? Poll

JayLeno
07-06-2004, 03:17 PM

daryn
07-06-2004, 03:20 PM
how could i know?

i assume no, since i assume they would test for them?

Laomedon
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
This isn't a meaningful question. He has admitted to using steriods as part of his cancer treatment. The real question then, is whether or not this use was fair or unfair. I am no expert on cycling, but as far as I can tell this is the real issue.

Alobar
07-06-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a meaningful question. He has admitted to using steriods as part of his cancer treatment. The real question then, is whether or not this use was fair or unfair. I am no expert on cycling, but as far as I can tell this is the real issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, and the drugs he was on for his cancer treatment had ZERO effect on his ability to race a bicycle

Laomedon
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Ahh, well I suppose I ought to berate my friend who told me that in the first place. Did he not take some sort of steriods as part of his cancer treatments though?

Alobar
07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh, well I suppose I ought to berate my friend who told me that in the first place. Did he not take some sort of steriods as part of his cancer treatments though?

[/ QUOTE ]

sterioids arnt a drug that a pro level cyclist would take anyway. Your friend was prolly talking about EPO which is a drug that boosts red blood cell count. Cancer patients take it because the chemo kills their red blood cells, cyclists take it because the more red blood cells they have the more oxygen they can carry in their blood stream.

EPO doesnt have a lasting effect tho (well other than the damage it will do to your body if you take it while healthy), so Lance being on EPO while a cancer patient in no way helps him now.

Cyclists are hands down the most tested athletes in the world as far as drug testing goes. And lance is the most tested cyclist. He as NEVER tested positive for any substance even tho he can be tested at anytime without any warning at all. There used to be no test for EPO and he was constantly accused of being on it. There are little jars of his urine and blood frozen from every tour he has been in since cancer, these have been since tested for EPO and any other new test that comes out for other performance enhancers, all of which has been negative

Laomedon
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah that was what he was talking about. I have only respect for cycling, and I really hope that Lance gets #6. One could argue that it would be at the top of the list for the most impressive athletic achievements ever.

Lazymeatball
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am, and the drugs he was on for his cancer treatment had ZERO effect on his ability to race a bicycle

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if he hadn't taken those drugs, he wouldn't be riding a bicycle today, he'd be dead. Dead people only do well on the downhill parts.

Alobar
07-06-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if he hadn't taken those drugs, he wouldn't be riding a bicycle today, he'd be dead. Dead people only do well on the downhill parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....good point /images/graemlins/smile.gif