PDA

View Full Version : Set of K's

01-30-2002, 03:50 PM
20-40 game.

I had pocket K's in CO position. UTG and next player limped, along with a middle position player. I raised, BB called as did the other three. Five players.

FLOP: K-J-3 rainbow

All checked to me. I bet and all called.

TURN: A (still rainbow)

All checked to me again, I bet, and was check raised by BB. Everyone else folded. I called.

RIVER: 8

BB bet, I called.

I'll post results later. Any thoughts?

01-30-2002, 04:31 PM
i think you take it down from an A-10 through

A-K, QTs is the most likely hand that beats you, but your preflop raise 100% correct bet / call on turn 100% correct call on river 100% correct. so even if you are beaten dont sweat it.

01-30-2002, 05:01 PM
When you are check-raised by the BB, I'd re-raise. You are only behind 2 hands right now, QT and AA. I don't think BB's play is consistent w/ AA, he'd have cr'd the flop to try and clear the field a little, + he didn't 3 bet pre-flop.

I'd tend to think he's got AK or JJ/33 b/c he's showing a ton of strength. However, if the BB is not overly tight and would raise w/ out the nuts, I'd re-raise. If he put the 4th bet on it, I'd just call and try to fill up (I'd pay off in case he were overplaying JJ).

I think you'll lose to QT a fair amount of the time, but you've got 10 outs those times, and the other times, he's only got 1 out if he's not drawing dead. I think he'll have Aces up or JJ or 33 enough to make it the right move to re-raise.

01-30-2002, 05:11 PM
im 3 betting the turn here and check-calling the river if 4 bet. bet the rive if he just calls your   3 bet. if you opponent is very good then you may want to smoothcall the turn but then raise on that river and call a 3 bet there.

01-30-2002, 05:24 PM
There are 2 hands that beat you: AA and QT. With AA, wouldn't the BB 3 bet preflop? With the nuts, why would he c/r the raiser and limit the field? He gives up the possible 3 overcalls by raising. He should bet out, get some callers on the installment plan, and take it to 3 bets if you raise.

So I think your hand is good. I would raise somewhere; probably on the turn while I still have outs to a full, in case BB has QT.

I was initially thinking that BB has to have a big hand here. He knows this flop hit you, and he knows that you shouldn't fold. Since he still bets, I was thinking it's a value bet. However, with a multiway pot, I think it's also quite possible that he's got a hand with some showdown value, like aces up, that wants all the gutshots to fold. He knows you will bet, so he checkraises to make everyone face 2 cold.

01-31-2002, 12:38 AM
raise the turn call river if 4 bet

I have him on A-rag:

he has you on KQ

I was told long ago to not be afraid of the monster under your bed.

jdoe

02-01-2002, 12:07 AM
Appreciate the comments. I lost to Q-10 (straight)