PDA

View Full Version : ATo in MP1

skirtus
07-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Im trying to review my own play more. I think if Im going to play ATo in MP1 with only 1 caller to my right I need to raise. Limping in was probably the wrong play. Not sure what to do when he calls my raise on the flop and bets out the turn. Should I have been more suspicious that he had the nut straight?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows Jd Kd (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Ac Ts (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 12.50 BB. </font>

Bill Smith
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
In the CO or Button, with only 1 limper, I will often raise this, and I'll usually complete and check the SB and BB respectively. Otherwise, I would typically fold preflop.

The turn bet is very suspicious, and it's hard to read whether this is a typical Micro throw-you-off kind of bet or if he's actually got the hand. More and more I find that it is best to just call this down. Rarely do I see flops capped with made hands - more often with draws or hands that have to protect against draws.

easypete
07-06-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't think it's a terrible mistake limping in here pf. If you raise, you have a better chance of getting heads up (where your hand gains value).

I don't like the stop and go by UTG+2. I would have just called down on the turn and river.