PDA

View Full Version : Need lessons from a fixed limit internet poker pro

LotharSalem
07-06-2004, 11:21 AM
I have been reading the 2+2 for the last two weeks or so shortly after I have become interested in poker. I have tried a lot of hobbies in my life but was never really exposed to the game. I am the kind of person that likes to experience everything and say that he can do many things well. In other words, I am very well off financially and do not need poker to make money, but I would like to know that I can beat the high limit games online. So far I have tried, and am constantly losing.

Here is the kind of person I am looking for to tutor me.

1) A fixed limit shorthanded player that also plays well heads up.

2) Someone who is constantly winning at the online high stakes games 40-80 and up.

3) Someone who can get to or lives in New York City.

4) As a part of the lessons, I also want to watch this person play and have him explain the strategy behind his plays.

5) I also would like to watch this person play online before he makes this trip OR to have some respected posters confirm that this he is really the kind of player that I am looking for.

I have thought about asking for help from a known professional but have turned to 2+2 first because I really want someone that specializes in playing online. I will play the travel fees of this person and can offer to pay somewhere in the range of $200-$400 per hour. I don't know how long I need lessons for but I can imagine it to be for a few days.

I would describe my self as a fast learner, a nice guy, and someone who is very passionate about poker at the moment.

Please PM me.

Steven Punk
07-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Ahhhh a refined individual such as yourself that has cleansed thyself from the impurtities of peasant hood would be welcome at my castle to learn strategy and archery.

Afterward I can set up a game with shieks, oil barrons, and digitaries.

Before you leave we would hunt fox and wear sophistacted things on stead of granduer.

The Real Don
07-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Would anyone disagree that Hutz is by far and away the best to handle this? Perhaps Dilbert as a cheap 2nd.

Dilbert
07-06-2004, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone disagree that Hutz is by far and away the best to handle this? Perhaps Dilbert as a cheap 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Dilbert doesn't come cheap. </font>

Alobar
07-06-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you don't deny being second? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thomastem
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh Dilbert ain't no $2 Ho!

Steven Punk
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dilbert is not refined. He has never entertained dignitaries as such. Never held his nose up and proclamed, "Do you know who my father is?" Doesn't even have a nasal voice!

Stick with Hutz.

Alobar
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dilbert is not refined. He has never entertained dignitaries as such. Never held his nose up and proclamed, "Do you know who my father is?" Doesn't even have a nasal voice!

Stick with Hutz.

[/ QUOTE ]

who my father is?? Sheesh a really important person would go "do you know who I am?!?!" I thought you were royalty or something....so sad

The Real Don
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheap? $2 ho? Now Hutz would command the $400 and Dilbert being "Cheap" option would get the $200 per hour.

Is being a $200 Ho so bad?

I also heard that Dilbert and Simon Diamond are partners and have experience in these areas. Still no one can match
The Hutz experience.

HUSKER'66
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that position has already been filled by gaby.

G Money
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Listen ya'll homebread wants to become a playa why yall get up all in his trunks.

Lothar don't ya let them skeve on yo patch. Grab yo load, extend yo hand and birdie they bedo. Then go get yo buttah whipped and head back to the crib. No worries someone will sly the 411.

Inthacup
07-06-2004, 05:03 PM
If this is a serious question, it has received exactly 10 worthless replies thus far. Since the worthless replies have been taken care of, I'll attempt a serious reply:

I'd say the number of people on these boards who fit description 1-3 are no more than 5. I'd also suspect that several possible mentors will turn down your offer due to the relatively limited amount of high limit online games. I doubt your 1 time $200-400/hr payment will offer much incentive for them to breed a new tough competitor in their games.

Finally, your chances of getting a real reply will increase greatly by posting this in the mid-high stakes forum instead. GL with your search.

Cup

Ulysses
07-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Paluka lives in NYC. He doesn't exactly fit your criteria, but he would definitely be qualified. Ikke, SpicyF, Renaud Desferet, and J_V are other posters who come to mind that would provide immense value. I don't know if any of them are interested in a trip to NY, but any of them could easily provide what you want. There are probably a small handful more here, those are just the ones that come to mind.

Based on how you describe your financial situation, though, I'm surprised that you want to play online. Playing high limits live is much more interesting to many people. There are many more posters who could coach you on how to do that well.

Ikke
07-06-2004, 07:32 PM
If this is a serious post, I might want to consider it. I regularly play 100/200 at Stars; shorthanded and HU.

I'm not sure if I want to do it. At first sight I like the challenge in it. If you're really interested, you can PM me and I'll give it some more thought. I'm still young though; so if that forms an obstacle in accepting arguments you shouldnt bother.

I hope you'll achieve your goal.

Regards

Ikke
07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey Ulysses,

I agree with all the people you mention. Put Renaud and JV on top and include yourself.
Next year I'll be in Vegas during the WSOP. It would really be cool to meet you if you've some time to be there. And I'll buy the Drinks of the Devil [Tequilla!] for ya! ;-)

Regards

Baulucky
07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I will use this thread to ask a basic question:

What is the highest level of LHE currently available online that still has enough bad players in it to offer at least +2 BB/HR EV to a very good player?.

Same question for live play.

In other words: How high is the LHE sky and where is it available?.

I'm not asking about one-off games with drunk fish blowing their $ away, but consistent games, maybe not as profitable as the drunk fish games, but still +2 BB/HR for a good player.

Dilbert
07-06-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, hutz is a grat player, didn't you see how he repeatedly crushed thomastem?

thomastem
07-07-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, hutz is a grat player, didn't you see how he repeatedly crushed thomastem?

[/ QUOTE ]

My sheep must have worn you out and burned up your LAST brain cell. Several times I have challenged you and/or Hutz to play some cards. No show every time.

I'll even agree to leave my Pelican out, call it the Dilbert/Hutz handicap.

If either of you would like to play a little cards with me please post where and when. Until then here is a cup of STFUP.

Dilbert
07-07-2004, 03:48 PM
A bit testy here TT. Losing to hutz over and over must be hard on your ego. Just keep playing the fish at .02/.04 and you can win your money back. Good Luck /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ArchAngel71857
07-07-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, it cost me $500 just to watch him fluff himself.

-AA

JellyFishy
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey,

Maybe we have similar hobbies:) I'm just back from Russia. I can be in NYC with a few days warning.

I can give you a few tips, no problem, you show me some cool places to hang out.

Let's have a chat: Manlee28@Pokermarkets.com

Big Mo
07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dilbert won't go down on you for $200 and hour Mo will.

J_V
07-07-2004, 11:09 PM
I'll be there for sure Ikke. Would be a blast.

Ulysses
07-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Free tequila? Olé!!!! See you then!

hurricanes11
07-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Obviously you have way too much time on your hands if your willing to pay someone to give you lessons just so you can poker, and you don't even care about the money. Are you getting bored with all the cars and houses in the Hamtptons or something?

G Money
07-08-2004, 10:51 AM
So who will it be?