PDA

View Full Version : First hand. WSOP last table

05-24-2002, 04:29 PM
My student Julian Gardner doubles thru my other student, Robert V. Julian had AA while Robert V had 99. All-in preflop. Julian holds up. His current stack? 800,000. This was the first hand dealt in this final table.

05-24-2002, 04:48 PM
Do you know why my students are able to get such good cards and are very capable of administering tremendous bad beats like the one Julian gave to Phil Ivey? POSITIVE THINKING!!!

As my mentor Napoleon Hill once said, "Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!" Translated into poker. If you stare at the deck intently and repeat the following with deep conviction within every fiber of your soul, "I will get two Aces! I will get two Aces! I will get two Aces!", you will, my friend, get two Aces!!!

And if you proceed to say, "My two Aces will hold up! My two Aces will hold up! My two Aces will hold up!", your Aces WILL hold up!!!

Same goes for 72o. If you look at the mirror each morning and with great belief in your voice declare loudly to yourself, "I will win with 72o! I will win with 72o! I will win with 72o!" your 7Deuces will all hold up!!!

05-24-2002, 04:59 PM
So that's where Sklansky went wrong. He didn't will his 72 to victory.

Oh well, he'll learn from that mistake and hope harder next time.

05-24-2002, 04:59 PM

05-24-2002, 05:15 PM

05-24-2002, 08:29 PM
I'm very surprised that a person like David Sklansky still does not realize the spiritual powers that positive self affirmations and positive visualizations have to positively affect his poker karma. What he must do next time is to have a very clear and vivid picture in his mind of his 72o winning the pot. He must visualize this win like it has already happened. And at the same time, he must say with great conviction in his voice, "My 72o will win! An ultra-powerful force of Universal goodness surrounds me and my 72o!" at least 20 times. Believe me, POSITIVE THINKING works to karmically affect the run of cards. This is the truth!