PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullets

naphand
07-06-2004, 10:43 AM
This hand has been bugging me a bit. When I analyse it, I think the play is fine, but it still does not feel right....

BB is loose to the point of falling off (V$IP 78%) and randomly non-thinking aggressive, he is breaking even at the table, mainly because of the terrible calls other players are making. MP is loose/passive (seeing about 60% of flops), calls with any part of the flop or any draw. My notes on him start with "moron".

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Naphand 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Naphand calls, MP calls.

River: (16.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB folds, Naphand calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.75 BB, between Naphand and MP.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Naphand shows As Ac (two pair, aces and tens).
MP shows Ah Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: MP wins 20.75 BB. </font>

Was that River value-bet right?

fyodor
07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
What? You Raised UTG with AA? Don't you know anything about dececption and fishing guys in? Oh wait. That's the way I play it too.

I think the river bet is fine. Only the BB had shown any aggression and the 2nd Ten scared him. I would think the MP was most likely calling along with a flush draw. Sometimes I'm wrong. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guido
07-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I play it exactly the same way.

Guido

Zele
07-06-2004, 12:41 PM
River value bet is good. Of course, after the raise you're pretty well cooked, but of course you must call.

naphand
07-06-2004, 01:40 PM
OK I guess it was pretty much normal.

I think what was bugging me a bit was my thought process wandered a bit in the hand. After the Turn cap, my thought was that BB was sitting on 2-pair, with MP on the flush draw. But that is clearly not the case, no way he folds a K or a T. The River check, OK I bet, but I bet without really putting BB on any hand.

MP, well ok, he's on my buddy list. No problems with the way he played at all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

What did BB have? My initial thought was 2-pair, but with any K he surely calls the River? The only thing that makes any sense is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Either that or 84.

Maybe this hand is too tedious, but anyone have any thoughts on this. Good hand reading exercise?

Surfbullet
07-06-2004, 02:21 PM
From your description of BB i don't think he's folding 2 pair regardless of how scary the turn card is...
I think JdQd is the only thing that really makes sense...possibly just JQ depending on how maniacal he really is... He picks up the OESD on the turn and figures he's got lots of outs and starts blasting away, misses on the river and folds.

Dan