PDA

View Full Version : How aggresively do you play TPTK?

sprmario
07-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Lets say its early in an SnG and you are dealt AK.

I always raise to 75 in the first level when I raise because raising to 45 isn't going to keep most people from playing. Lets say you get 2 callers making the pot 225 to 250.

You flop an A or a K and the board is otherwise realatively harmless. How agressively do you play this?

Typically if its uncoordinated I'll bet a 125 to 150. If its a 2 flush I'll do a pot sized bet.

If you are raised, do you let it go? I have trouble letting this go normally as I have seen so many people raise me w/ middle or bottom pair. But I've also run into sets or two pair as well. At the 10+1 level its very hard to know what people will raise with.

Sam T.
07-06-2004, 10:04 AM
I play AK virtually identically to you, though if I'm in the big blind I sometimes limp and go for a check-raise if an A or K hits. (I HATE being out of position with AK unimproved.) Uncoordinated, I go with a half-pot bet, if it's threatening I'll bet the pot.

At $10+1 I have a REALLY hard time dropping this hand, especially if I've paired the ace. More often than not, I'll double up against some idiot with AT or worse. (If memory serves, I've only been shown trips once.) This would probably be a leak at higher levels, but here it's usually the right play. Also, at this point I've put in a pretty good chunk of my stack (75+250 if I'm first in), and while I feel I am good enough to fold and still have a chance to win, starting the second round with as little as t400 is not fun.

BradleyT
07-06-2004, 10:06 AM
I think in a party $10 SnG you're ahead enough of the time that calling a re-raise with your AK is a proper play. I know if I were in the hand against you and an Ace did flop and I had AQ I would probably play back at you since IMO you showed some weakness by betting half the pot, leading me to believe you have KK, QQ, JJ, AJ, AT, etc.. You'll often get crazies with total trash such as A3 or A8 making a play back at you thinking their ace is good.

I think you win here more often than you're beat.

AJo Go All In
07-06-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This would probably be a leak at higher levels,

[/ QUOTE ]

nope.

Jason Strasser
07-06-2004, 03:00 PM
The times i fold AK when i flop TPTK on an uncoordinated board are far and few between. I would need some serious action, like a pot bet and a mini raise before I could comfortably lay it down.