PDA

View Full Version : How many SNGs simultaneously?

Matt24
07-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Right now I have a Party account and play 4 at a time and have no problem following them at all, have my screen set to see them all 4 at the same time. I am getting an empire account and wonder if I could do more. Anyone try 8? Is it possible to hook up 2 monitors or how does that work? Need new hardware? Thanks

lacky
07-06-2004, 05:48 AM
I always played 4 at a time also. I was using a laptop with a 19” monitor hooked to it. Last month I bought a new desktop, a duel monitor graphics card (has 2 hookups for 2 monitors) and 2 19” CRT monitors that will do the 1200 x 1600 res. needed. So, I have been playing 6 to 7 limit tables, or 6 NL sng’s. It gets hectic at times, but I think I’m keeping up fine. I think 8 would be too much, but I haven’t tried yet. Maybe I’ll play 8 $5’s just to see some time. I generally start 6 $55’s all at once, then finish all, take a break, then start 6 more. Lots of people like to stagger them, but I feel the break is important to give the brain a few minuets rest. Anyway, that’s what works for me.

Steve

lacky
07-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Just looked, the graphics card is a EVGA GEFORCE MX5500 and cost $140 ( minus a $20 rebate I think ) and the 19" CRT was $200. All was at Best Buy, so you can probably find better prices.

noles win
07-06-2004, 08:41 AM
I have been lurking here for a few weeks but never posted. Have a question on viewing mor than 1 tournament on a screen. How is this done? I have tried to do 2 and just have to keep minimizing every couple of seconds. There evidently is a better way?

BradleyT
07-06-2004, 10:16 AM
You need to increase your screen resolution. You're probably at 800x600 (barf!).

Right click on your desktop and go to Properties. This will bring up a box and click the Settings tab. Slide the Screen Resolution slider over to the right a notch or three. It may take you a while to get used to the newer resolution but it gives you much more screen real estate.

Matt24
07-06-2004, 10:18 AM
lacky, I'm with you on not staggering, I also like to take breaks instead of staggering them. Once you have this set up what does dual monitors look like? Is it like having one huge monitor I guess?

lacky
07-06-2004, 11:06 AM
the moniters sit beside each other and the desktop extends across both, so u can put games anywhere on either moniter. The mouse curser moves back and forth like the seperation wasn't there. Works out nice. I also highly recommend a trackball if u play lots. A regular mouse gave me awful elbow problems after a while. The trackball fixed it and causes far less fatigue. All you move are your fingertips. I have the logitech trackman and like it. Just find one that lets you control the ball with your fingertips instead of your thumb.

Matt24
07-06-2004, 12:36 PM
I have another monitor, so all i need is the card? Will I be able to turn that feature off at will, like when I'm not playing more than 4 tables can I turn it off and just have everything on one monitor?

deacsoft
07-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I like 4 tables at 1600 x 1200, but I start all 4 at the same time and do not move to the next 4 untill all 4 of the original are done.