PDA

View Full Version : Bottom trips, top kicker--raise the turn?

Zetack
07-05-2004, 11:50 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, CO folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qs Qc (two pair, queens and twos).
Hero shows 2h Ah (three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.25 BB. </font>

It a bit of an iffy call PF. The table was right at that dividing point where it looked like it could go either way on me getting enough callers and there was a decent, though far from every hand, amount of pre-flop raising.

On the turn I was just trying to figure how to get the most money in the pot.

Thoughts?

--Zetack

Vern
07-06-2004, 12:04 AM
I don't like the call PF with your table description. Only one caller in front, MP1 limping with suited ace, tricky place to be. Once there I think you have to bet the river unless you KNOW the CO will and you can check raise. In this case I think CO is more likely to call 2 on the turn than the river since there is a card to come. Although your line is not bad, I just think CO is more likely to call 2 when he is drawing than on the river.

SnakeRat
07-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah I agree with Vern, definite turn raise for the reasons he stated.

SB smells like big pocket pair or AK.
CO smells like draw.
Perfect situation to hit trips and raise the turn.

Vern
07-06-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the call PF with your table description. Only one caller in front, MP1 limping with suited ace, tricky place to be. Once there I think you have to bet the river unless you KNOW the CO will and you can check raise. In this case I think CO is more likely to call 2 on the turn than the river since there is a card to come. Although your line is not bad, I just think CO is more likely to call 2 when he is drawing than on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late to edit and realized I said bet the river instead of RAISE THE TURN. I think I got my message across, raise the turn since the CO is more likely to call 2 here than at there river unless you think the CO will raise the turn then call/re-raise when it gets back to you.

bisonbison
07-06-2004, 02:34 AM
preflop: I call here roughly 100% of the time.
flop: sure.
turn: raise. If the CO has half a hand he will call.
river. bet.