PDA

View Full Version : Is Help on the Way?

andyfox
07-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Orlando Hernandez pitched seven sharp innings for the Yankees' Triple-A team in Columbus, giving up two runs and five hits while striking out five.

Will this keep the Evil Emperor from getting the Big Unit?

Nepa
07-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I wish I would of went to that game tonight. Wilkes/Barre is less then an hour awhile.

The yankee's will still go after "The Big Unit"

B.T.W. Does anyone know how old Orlando is?

andyfox
07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
"B.T.W. Does anyone know how old Orlando is?"

Younger that Randy Johnson, but not by too much.

Zeno
07-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Randy Johnson gets his 4,000 Strike Out and the Diamondbacks lose the game. Tonight, the Diamondbacks end Gagne's save streak (ended at 84) and then lose the game. Is this a dyslexic team or what? Oh, and they have a new manager.

Are rumors for a trade or money deal or both? I assume George can just hand over some gold bullion if he wants.

The Diamondbacks may as well sell off Randy if they can get something decent for him, and they might as well do it now. If he goes to the Yankees then the Red Sox can really kiss any hope they have left goodbye.

-Zeno

andyfox
07-06-2004, 01:16 AM
The Yankees have weak starting pitching and they lead by 8. If Brown and Mussina pitch well, I suppose Randy wouldn't be needed.

The Sox should still make it as the wild card if they don't catch N.Y. And with Pedro and Schilling, they'd be tough in short series.

As for Gagne, what he accomplished was amazing. But it says a lot about a team's weaknesses when it's star and most popular player is the relief pitcher. Rivera's been great since 1996, but even his manager is a bigger name on his team than he is.