PDA

View Full Version : Is Ultimate Bet under new management?

gabyyyyy
07-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I used to play there awile back, atleast 2 years has passed since I played there last. I recently reinstalled the software and the changes are pretty nice. The website also has been changed and looks like the promotions have a certain spark in them.

Furthermore the content of the website, seems to have been drastically overhauled with a more youthful tone.

Has Ultimate been bought out or are they under new management or something?

Why are they being so creative lately?

**I am not affiliated with Ultimate bet, or any other online gambling site**

JohnShaft
07-05-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently reinstalled the software and the changes are pretty nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the graphical changes, you need glasses Gabby.

In 'answer', I don't believe so.

MicroBob
07-05-2004, 11:23 PM
i don't know if they are under new management or not....but just because they hired some publicity guy to include as many juvenile (or 'hip' if you actually think that's what it is) phrases into their newsletters hardly qualifies as evidence of new management.
it just means they got someone new to write their stuff.

the fact that they are having all of these creative promotions is perhaps more indicative of new management....or at least a new promotions guy.

the SNG crazy-month is kind of neat and i'm enjoying it a lot so far.
where else can you actually rack up $4k in bonus-dollars??

obviously they have had a zillion re-loads since Jan.

their anniversary week including the boosted prize-pool tourneys, giveaways and yet another reload was decent.

as was their early-june bit about acquiring as many points as possible to qualify for a freeroll (although that didn't interest me as much since i didn't see a whole lot of EV in it).

there are over 10k players on UB right now which is more than i would normally think they would have gotten a few months ago...so perhaps it's all working.

on the bad side....the players there are still reasonably tight...or at least not as fishy as party...but i think it may be getting fishier at UB of recent.
and their customer-support is still a bit sketchy (although probably not as bad as party overall).

now....if only their bonus-dollars were a little easier to clear.
AND, if they could get around to freaking automating their HH's like any good site should they could really stand a good chance to get more of my business.

Syntax
07-05-2004, 11:26 PM
They have great tourney overlays too. Right now I am playing in a tourney with $1k added. $2k first place for a $10 buy-in. Thats nice. Its gonna be hard to beat over 500 players though.

MicroBob
07-05-2004, 11:34 PM
yeah....i thought i mentioned that (but i guess i just mentioned it in regard to the anniversary week).

most of those tourneys are around 15% overlay or so.

not bad...but i wouldn't call it 'great'.

the 10+1 with 568 players (if that's the one you're in) had prize-pool boosted from $5680 to $6680 so that's around 17% added if i did the math correctly (1000/5680 = .17) so not too shabby.

Syntax
07-05-2004, 11:46 PM
There were only 300 players 10 minutes before registration closed. That would have been awesome.

So anyway, how have you been finding the competition in the ring games and sng's? Last week you were pretty convinced that they were much tougher then party. How do you think it compares now? I kind of feel like its basically the same. A lot of times on Party a real live one will pop in a game making it really really good for a short time, but these type of players tend to bust quick, and if you don't pick up a hand or get a bad beat you miss out.

MicroBob
07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
i havent played the ring-games too much at UB of late. but a week or two ago i found the 1/2 and 2/4 games to be pretty tight and reasonably tough.
the SNG competition is definitely tougher then other sites...without question.
beatable....but tough.

the combination leaves me somewhat conflicted about whether to go all the way through with this sng promo for the rest
of the mth. we'll see how it goes.

i think you will find that almost every MTT that has 300 sign-ups with 10 mins to go will have around 550 or so by the time the first hand rolls around.
this is pretty universal on all sites where i am watching the total number of players closely because of a guaranteed prize-pool or prize-funds added.

pokerroom's 10k guaranteed tourney tonight had 440 players with 3 minutes to go (they need less than 500 for any kind of overlay).
i knew this spelled doom....and indeed they had 535 for the tourney so there was no overlay.
first time i have seen that happen in my limited experience on p-room.

dont get too excited when the figures look like there will be heavy overlay when there's 10 minutes to go. it takes a little while to get used to reading what the 'probable' turn-out will be.

goodguy_1
07-06-2004, 12:28 AM
the current tourney L08OB is a 47% overlay

MicroBob
07-06-2004, 12:56 AM
now THAT certainly qualifies as a great overlay.

except for having to try to play that pesky O/8 game.

Syntax
07-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Damn! Out in eighty something place. Got all in heads up with AA vs QQ in a 13k pot and lost to the set.

goodguy_1
07-06-2004, 01:19 AM
too bad i'm about to bust out-heh.Absolute had some huge overlays over the long weekend all for naught /images/graemlins/frown.gif