PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Hit on the Riv

BlackMamba
07-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Hello.I'm playin a TP SNG.I'm dealt A,3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifin the BB.4 people call.Flop comes k /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.Blinds are 15/30.One player bets $15 and 3 people,including me,call.Turn comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif.I check,because I'm pretty sure EP1 has a king.He bets $15.The two other people call.I re-raise to $165.He calls.The 2 other people fold.The riv comes a K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.Now I'm thinking that I'm beat.I check and he bets $165.My stubborness leads me to call.We show cards,and,to my correctness,he shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for trips.Was his call and my river call wrong,or did I get very unlucky.

woodguy
07-05-2004, 09:25 PM
How can both the flop and river conatin the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif?

regards,
woodguy

BlackMamba
07-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Oops!!!.Sry about that.The flop had the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

slogger
07-06-2004, 12:35 AM
To respond to your questions, I think your opponent played the hand badly in a number of ways (weak flop bet allowed any pair and any draw to correctly call and loose call of your turn raise with only second pair and weak kicker).

If you read your opponent for a K, I think you can fold the river, but it's close.

As a side note, I would suggest you clean up your hand descriptions if you hope to get helpful feedback. First, I don't think the flop bet can be 15 if the blinds are 15/30 (minimum flop bet should be 30). This type of thing can alter the analysis of how a hand was played because it changes the odds. Second, and this is just a stupid pet peeve of mine, but it's easier to follow your description if your describe the action accurately (e.g., when a player bets out on the flop, turn or river, the first person to raise the initial bet is not "re-raising", he/she is "raising"; there must be an initial raise before there can be a re-raise). Like I said, feel free to tell me to shove it, but way too many people misstate the action in their posts, and the more it happens, the sloppier future posts get.

Play well and keep posting!

BlackMamba
07-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Ok.Thx for the analysis.I'll try to clean up my posts from now on.