PDA

View Full Version : help...lay down KK to a flop check raise?

Jon34
07-05-2004, 08:08 PM
I didn't get the hand history in time, but I'm pretty sure I have all the details correct.
.50/1 NLHE on paradise. I have about $100
I have KK in LP. a couple limps to me. I raise to $5.50, I get 2 calls: 1 from very big stack in EP, 1 from similar stack to me (same or slightly less).
3 see a flop of 55T rainbow, with a $20 pot.
2 checks to me, I bet $14, which to me seems to be enough on a board with no draws. EP folds,MP check-minraises to $28. What do you do here? Do you automatically assume trips+ and fold? a reraise seems -EV to me, so I smooth call.
Turn is a blank, and he bets out $50 into the ~70 pot. I fold. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Roman
07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
calling and folding to a turn bet is worst play you can do. Either re-raise and fold if he pushes or fold now.

SkippingGoat
07-05-2004, 08:56 PM
It's hard to put MP on a 5. Furthermore, with a 5 or TT boat I expect most players to slowplay rather than giving away their hand on the flop. It's more likely that this guy has JT or any pocket pair (though probably not aces). It's likely that he figured that there was no way you raised with a 5 or a T and that you were simply making a play with AK or something similar. I min-raise his check-raise and fold to a push.

Leo Bello
07-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Min raise him.
What was your read on his hand?
And actually I would be more suspicious if he had cold called you on your bet.
Anyway, min raise would help you clear your view on his actions.