PDA

View Full Version : Golf in Hades...What courses are good in Vegas?

fsuplayer
07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I will be in Vegas from the 31st of July til Aug 4th. Ill be there with 5 buddies, one of whom I played with all high school, so we'd like to torture ourselves and play a round in Vegas (hopefully very early, maybe after an all nite session /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). What courses are good for the price?
I would like to spend no more than $100 if possible, as my friend just now joined the Party party and is running on a semi tight budget. Any 2+2er's that would like to squeeze in a round that week, let me know as I would love to play a round and talk some poker. Drinks are on me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Thanks for the help,

FsuPlayer

John Gaspar
07-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi FSU,
I went out in April and I couldn't find a decent course for less than $115/round. April seems to be peak rates though.

I played at the Pauite Resort, 45 minutes off the strip with 3 courses but it ran around $150/round.

There are a lot of websites you can check out to get a decent idea of price.

Vegasgolf.com
Golfamerica. com

If you are a "look good. play good" kind of guy, the Poker Babe might be able to help you out.

Good luck and have a great trip.

fsuplayer
07-05-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played at the Pauite Resort, 45 minutes off the strip with 3 courses but it ran around $150/round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which courses did you play?

I would like to play a "desert" style course I think, since I have only played in FL and the NE.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are a "look good. play good" kind of guy, the Poker Babe might be able to help you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth could you tell from my handle? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I LG and PD, play decent, so maybe Babe can help me out, if she promises not to try and take all my money on the course, as well as on the tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thanks for the help John and anyone else who responds,

FsuPlayer, LGPD

gonores
07-05-2004, 10:10 PM
F yeah....finally. Someone else is gonna be out there when I am out there (8/2 - 8/9). And I golf but will not have any golf buddies along. Good stuff.

Can't help you on the course front, though Bali Hai and Royal Links are on my list along with Pauite...both are +$100 as well, if offseason rates to plummet.

TobDog
07-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I often goto Henderson and play at Legacy, I went to business school with the HP there now, and I actually like the layout(not too tough). I am also partial to Highland Falls in Summerlin(passed my PAT there), I remember hitting some 150y sand wedges there at elevation and dry heat, etc, makes club selection fun. You should definately call aroung and look for the "hotter than hell specials" for summer, call the courses or look in the magazines, don;t go thru a reservation person at the hotel, you may not get as good of a discount. pm me if you need an more info.

tobdog

fsuplayer
07-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Gonores-

It seems that everyother 2+2 is going to vegas a week or two earlier, I guess we missed the memo /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

I assume by your response that you intend on hitting the links, so PM me or just reply if you would like to make a tee time somewhere. I heard Pauite was very good and the rates there are under $100 from one website that I looked at.
What time are you getting in on the 2nd? I will be leaving on the 4th (morning) so let me know if and when you would like to play some.

What games (poker-wise) will you be playing while there, just curious?

Let me know and we can def. meetup, if not in golf, then poker at least.

FsuPlayer

fsuplayer
07-06-2004, 12:21 AM
TobDog-
I have started looking around at some websites and checking out the deals, the rates look pretty good for the summer.
I will check around some more and PM you with any specific questions.

Thanks,

FsuPlayer

fsuplayer
07-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Anybody played any of the Pauite courses in Vegas? I heard they are good, but not sure which one to play.

BTW Do the hotels have some kind of shuttle service, bc I dont plan on renting a car when I am there.

Thanks,

FsuPlayer

John Gaspar
07-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi,

I played the Wolf Course at Pauite and have had friends that played on the Snow? Course. Loved the Wolf Course. They played one of those ABC made for TV golf shows between Kari Webb and Anika Sorenstam on the Wolf.

I've also played Stallion Mountain, which is 15 minutes from the strip. It is a Billy Walters owned course. I think they have 3 courses there as well. This is where I played with the Babe and her husband.

Good luck and have a great round.

Pocket Crabs
07-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Summer rates for golf in Vegas are actually not that bad. Peak rates are Feb to April or so.

Reflection Bay is a Nicklaus design in Henderson and is execellent. No idea what they charge offseason though. $240 or so peak, so I'd guess probably $100-$150. If you're going to Vegas, its worth playing this course.

fsuplayer
07-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the tip, I am checking out courses as I speak.

fsuplayer

SuitedSixes
07-10-2004, 05:05 AM
It's true. I took a PGA PTA test at Angel Park (they have a lighted nine hole course that's kind of fun).