PDA

View Full Version : AJo in the Big Blind

Ian M.
07-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed)

Hero ($57)
UTG ($20.45)
UTG+1 ($21.25)
MP1 ($49.62)
MP2 ($29.20)
CO ($9.75)
Button ($29.65)
SB ($24)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.50
<font color="green">Main Pot: $4.50, between Hero and SB.</font>

Wasnt sure if I should have value bet the turn or river here.

Comments?

Ian

SkippingGoat
07-05-2004, 08:34 PM
I check this sucker down. You only have second pair and there's a four straight on the board. I don't think you're going to get a better hand to fold and you're almost certainly not going to get a worse hand to call. Worse, making a "value" bet on the end will often induce a bluff from a resentful opponent, a bluff you will have a tough time calling. In summary, betting's probably not going to win you any more money but could cost you the pot.

Ian M.
07-05-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check this sucker down. You only have second pair and there's a four straight on the board. I don't think you're going to get a better hand to fold and you're almost certainly not going to get a worse hand to call. Worse, making a "value" bet on the end will often induce a bluff from a resentful opponent, a bluff you will have a tough time calling. In summary, betting's probably not going to win you any more money but could cost you the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments, after the hand I felt like I played it very weakly by not betting the river but maybe I did the right thing after all /images/graemlins/smile.gif