PDA

View Full Version : Folding AA on turn.

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 05:17 PM
My opponent is reasonable and good enough to be the second best on that table after me /images/graemlins/smile.gif But also i find that he used to be somewhat tricky on preflop - capping one time with JTs.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Navers
07-05-2004, 05:49 PM
you should've raised UTG with AA.

chezlaw
07-05-2004, 06:09 PM
No way I fold this. I don't know what you think of CO's call preflop but it could just as easily be an Ace or a pair as a T (4 is fairly unlikely) or two high cards.

He has no reason to put you on such a good hand so he may think he has the best hand or just be bluffing.

MisterKing
07-05-2004, 07:58 PM
The ten &amp; four, to the extent you believe your opponent has one of them, would be much less likely to be present had you not limped in with AA. If you think he has either card, a fold is a good option, as you're dead to either two outs or four outs depending on which scare card you give him credit for.

Michael Davis
07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
I don't mind people coming in with garbage when I have AA.

-Michael

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should've raised UTG with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never raise AA first in (raise always if one limper exists) until opponents are totally stupid and call every raise. I don't know whether it's good or not but my AA after 40K 5/10 above 3BB. I think it's normal?

Does anybody likes AA limping first in?

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has no reason to put you on such a good hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, on what hand he can put me while i raised flop? His re-raise looks like 4-slowplay or T-bad kicker to raise flop?

But yes - maybe you're right and i pay too much credits to turn raises. Just answer - would you play high cards or pair like 66-88 this way (call flop 4-way - raise river HU)?

For me - if i had a little-tiny pair - i can occasionaly raise flop when bet was from UTG - but never call - i would also raise T to see - whats happens. If i had good high cards - there is no way i can just limp PF - i would raise and bet flop.

MisterKing
07-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Very true. That said, this is one particular instance where limping has a clear downside. You want people to PAY when they come in with garbage vs. your AA, right? Otherwise, what's the benefit? Letting others draw against your better hand at low cost strikes me as the kind of thing one might term a "cardinal sin" in limit poker.

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You want people to PAY when they come in with garbage vs. your AA, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and i want them to pay - not to fold. Even on loosy table I find that raising AA takes only blinds very often or get only BBlind to call and then fold on flop. It's no good for AA i think.

I really want people to tie with their trash to pot with their draws and pay me more. Yes i would loose more often but i would get more money when i win and more - lack of information about my hand makes people really often cap flop with their top pair - good kicker or use semi-bluff to get more money in the pot.

chezlaw
07-06-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, on what hand he can put me while i raised flop? His re-raise looks like 4-slowplay or T-bad kicker to raise flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

but you didn't raise the flop, you bet which could be anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Just answer - would you play high cards or pair like 66-88 this way

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I wouldn't play any hand with a 4 or a T in it that way either. I raise or fold from the CO preflop just about all the time - any idea what hands he overcalls with here?

Assuming you call the river you're getting 4:1 and I think you're win a fair bit more frequently than that.