PDA

View Full Version : Is rhis collusion? Genuine question!

TJD
07-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I have just mailed this to Empire but I do not really expect a reply; they rarely do.

Could people here comment on this please?

-----------------------------
Hi,

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to comment on this please. I am fairly new to poker but sitting @ tournament 11689, a player down to his last few chips raised all in (It was not me) There are 2 big stacks in the blinds.

SB says "are you calling bick?"

BB says "Yes" and the SB then folds

I copy the relevant bits from hand 727436269

vk371 raises (460) to 460
vk371 is all-In.
Sherrilb70: are you calling bick
cbick52: yes
Sherrilb70 folds.
cbick52 calls (260)

Is this allowed?

When I queried whether this was ethical, Sherrilb70's reply was "who cares?" which you will see during the next hand.

It seems very much as if these 2 players are working as a team. I am not saying that they joined at the table with that in mind but at this stage it certainly appears as if that was what they were doing.

If this IS allowed in poker it seems grossly unethical, but it is not my place to comment on decades of precedent if that is indeed the case.

I would appreciate a reply please.

TYIA

Trevor

--------------------------

Thanks all

Trevor

ilya
07-05-2004, 05:04 PM
This is completely unacceptable.

GoSox
07-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Cheatin, find a big tree.

pzhon
07-05-2004, 11:38 PM
It is collusion. It not only harms the player who is all-in, but it also harms everyone else in the tournament who would benefit from a collision between the blinds. You should report it to the site in addition to objecting at the table. Many players are too dense to realize that there is anything wrong with it, but I hope that a responsible server would at least reprimand them.