PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Tower

Michael Davis
07-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, I might be ridiculous or paranoid or whatever, but I don't think this is a good idea. I understand the inyourfaceterrorists aspect of it, but I'm not sure I want to see any real odds on this building lasting, completely intact at least, for 50 years.

-Michael

Mayhap
07-05-2004, 06:43 PM
I have no definitive stance on this. However, if you look at it through a non-american lens, it might look priapic and/or provocative. Strength is perhaps best stated when understated.
/M

GWB
07-05-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no definitive stance on this. However, if you look at it through a non-american lens, it might look priapic and/or provocative. Strength is perhaps best stated when understated.
/M

[/ QUOTE ]

We have to show the terrorists that will not surrender. This alone is a good reason to proceed.

Now I must go get my dictionary to look up them fancy words you be using.

http://freeconservatives.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/votebush.gif

Mayhap
07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I think a more productive way of showing the terrorists that will not surrender is to kick the livin' sh*t out of them day in and day out until they fricken disappear.
/M

Michael Davis
07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
If this is their point of view, I completely dismiss it. Sorry, but rebuilding on this spot is a totally justifiable effort for humanity, not America.

-Michael

Mayhap
07-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Good answer. I now have a stance.
/M

Cyrus
07-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Someone suggested it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ray Zee
07-06-2004, 04:02 AM
buildings such as this make it so few people can see the sky. for the life of me i cant understand why someone would be willing to trade their working time in such places for money.

arx
07-06-2004, 05:22 AM
From a non-american perspective, I do not think it looks provocative, but then again I am only non-american, not anti-american.

On the other hand, I do not agree with the usage of the word freedom in the naming of the building. I think the more we write about it and talk about it, the least we think about it. If we donīt think about it, it might even lose its meaning, the real meaning.

My freedom is not more important than yours. But freedom is.

But then again, I am not american...

GWB
07-06-2004, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
buildings such as this make it so few people can see the sky. for the life of me i cant understand why someone would be willing to trade their working time in such places for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The view from the top of a mountain can be just as nice as the view of open sky in Big Sky country. In NYC, the view from the top of a building is as close as you get to the mountaintop.

http://freeconservatives.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/votebush.gif

Ray Zee
07-06-2004, 12:22 PM
it should be called the non freedom tower. all 911 did in relation to freedom is remove some of the precious ones we had in the guise of protecting us.

arx
07-07-2004, 07:19 AM
You could say it louder, but not clearer.

ericd
07-07-2004, 07:31 AM
I am responding from the 55th floor of the Empire State Building. Previously, I worked several years at WTC.

What are you talking about? Except for a wonderful view and sidestepping the tourists in the lobby, the site has no bearing on my job. For those of us working here, this is an office building period.