PDA

View Full Version : ATs played too fast?

DaveB
07-05-2004, 04:36 PM
2nd hand at this table. Should I give up sometime before the river here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Navers
07-05-2004, 08:10 PM
chances are one of them has a queen or a king. Bottom pair isn't too good and you have no flush draw. I'd check the flop. Also, don't three bet ATs preflop, it's good but not 3-bet worthy.

spydog
07-05-2004, 08:27 PM
I play it the same way, including the 3-bet preflop. I check-fold the river.

Peter_rus
07-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Checking the flop is a crime i think. You gave to opponents an option to semi-bluff his J or something like 88 on this scaring flop.

For typical players with no reads i would play this hand the same way except - very rare i can bet the river also.

DaveB
07-06-2004, 12:33 AM
I was wondering mostly about the turn. I was thinking after that I must be behind here with not too much room for improvement. I ended up in 3rd behind AQ (button) and K9 (BB). I just don't think I can check fold although maybe it's the best play.