PDA

View Full Version : Sitting at Freakin Houlihan's Yesterday...

Rushmore
07-05-2004, 02:39 PM
...having a Corona and eating some yummy salmon near the bar with my lovely and wonderful girlfriend who I love to pieces...

There was a table of two guys and their girlfriend/concubines sitting behind us. One of the TV's was tuned to ESPN, which was, of course, showing the 2003 WSOP AGAIN. They're showing Moneymaker/Farha, and the one guy at the table says real loud, "Man, that guy SUCKS, man. He's like the luckiest guy in the world, man. I heard he never even played poker before this. He doesn't even know what he's doing, man. I can't believe how lucky some guys are, man."

The other guy says: "I know, what a joke, man. I could beat that guy anyday, man."

The girls are giggling. They are impressed.

Then the check came and they all took ten minutes to divide up who owed what and how much 12% of the total would be.

This story is true.

Michael Davis
07-05-2004, 02:40 PM
12%?

Cheap bastards.

-Michael

Sundevils21
07-05-2004, 02:56 PM
thats freakin funny dude. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I guess those are the party players who help pay the rent huh? Always wondered what one of those looked like /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Rushmore
07-05-2004, 03:09 PM
They look like they all own the entire DVD collection of "Girls Gone Wild," and really want to be like the guys at Spring Break.

Except they have either really loose jeans or really long shorts, like college basketball players wear.

Oh, yeah--and they have facial hair that seems like it might be hard to maintain because they seem to like Roger Clemens or some guy from some band they saw on the MTV.

And their girlfriends all look like a cross between a young Paula Jones, a young Faye Resnick, and (insert young girl-star name here), seeming to possess an intellectual vacancy, yet also managing to come across as if they know something the rest of the world does not.

And, of course, they all have a belly shirt on, their belly button pierced, and the requisite lower back tattoo.

From what I can tell.

Mayhap
07-05-2004, 06:05 PM
That's a good story. Thanks.
/M