PDA

View Full Version : I r retarded

Aviston
07-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Ugh...

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.01.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.
I can't believe I didn't raise preflop here. I'm not sure where my head was at. Nah, let's not send two bets to the majority of the players with the hopes of going against only 1 or 2 players with TT.

Flop: (11 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.
Cheer, I flopped a set. Let's play it fast as per usual.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.
Errrr...I'm confused, I'll just be cute and pretend like I suddenly lost my cards and check.

River: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.
Let's pretend the only reason why MP1 called is because of my sneaky check on the turn.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Ad 4h (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ts Td (four of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 9 BB. </font>

Sometimes I don't know why I bother playing cards.

badplayer
07-05-2004, 02:57 PM
You're far too advanced for penny games.
That check on the turn would have fooled me on my $0.50/$1.00 game.
You probably could have soaked MP1 for one more BB.

You take what you can get.

I don't know why I play cards either.

sublime
07-05-2004, 03:51 PM
preflop- 3 bet or fold

bet the freaking turn

Aviston
07-05-2004, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

bet the freaking turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Although, I did say as much (in a round about way) in my original post /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

RED_RAIN
07-05-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're far too advanced for penny games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I believe you should bet this turn anyways. Someone who is upfront would just have the J more than likely so perhaps the others could check/raise on the T coming. I think you will make more in the long run just betting here and hoping to get raised at some point, no one has even shown strength in this hand against him so better to get money in now on the turn.

Aviston
07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I believe you should bet this turn anyways. Someone who is upfront would just have the J more than likely so perhaps the others could check/raise on the T coming. I think you will make more in the long run just betting here and hoping to get raised at some point, no one has even shown strength in this hand against him so better to get money in now on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again I agree. Furthermore, it's possible one of them was on a flush draw and would've hung around even if I had bet out on the turn. In addition, it has been my experience that people are more willing to call with one miracle card to come rather than to sit there with nothing calling on the river. Not sure that I really would have made any more even betting on the turn, but it's still a retarded way to play this hand regardless.

wizard_1974
07-06-2004, 12:30 AM
"preflop- 3 bet or fold"

He is playing $0.01/$0.02. I have never played it, but I am going to guess it is a very loose game. 3 betting is great, but I think calling is a better option than folding.

I agree about betting the turn.

RED_RAIN
07-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Ts do better against a smaller field, if the game is in fact loose (funny how people assume this just case of stakes but most haven't played) more would call 2 cold than 3 cold. I agree, 3 bet preflop.

bisonbison
07-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Ts do better against a smaller field

In terms of what?

They win far far more than their share against any number of opponents.

RED_RAIN
07-06-2004, 02:44 AM
This is true of Ts-As. Are you saying you shouldn't 3 bet?

bisonbison
07-06-2004, 02:49 AM
No, I threebet because I probably have the best hand and I want to get as much money as possible in preflop. If the players with position on me call 2 cold, great. If they fold and I get the button, great.

RED_RAIN
07-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Okay just wanted to make sure we were on the same page since you are a much stronger player than I. Also it would be calling 3 cold for position /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sloats
07-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Don't use the term 'butchered'.

Tosh
07-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Bleugh. Only thing I will say is save this post somewhere. Then reread in 3 months and see how useful these forums can be.

MarkD
07-06-2004, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting &gt; calling &gt;&gt; folding.

Aviston
07-06-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting &gt; calling &gt;&gt; folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Calling is at least better than folding here. I still have no idea why I hit the call button rather than the raise button. As soon as I did it, I went 'WTF?'. Ah well, it's good to post hands that make you look like an idiot.

Aviston
07-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Actually, I only play .01/.02 during the day since the UB .25/.50 games are extremely tight. It's more of just for fun and to keep myself playing poker when I have time during the not very profitable times during the day.

Greg J
07-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah you gotta raise this preflop. When you hit like you did in later streets it tends to make other people want to stay round. Your slowplays will generally work better.

This was obviously a slowplay gone awry. You have to consider position. You were last to act on the turn. If you were first I would not fault you for checking as much. You werent. I think you should bet here. With 2 diamonds someone might be in for the flush draw. You make them pay for it and hope a diamond comes on the river -- that way you hopefully get action!

sublime
07-06-2004, 01:28 PM

Calling here is very weak, 3 betting is FAR superior. I dont see any use in calling.

MarkD
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
How is folding at all superior to calling? Come on now. You have TT and your opponents generally have worse hands. Calling is far superior to folding I don't even think it's close.

I agree completely that raising is better than calling as I stated in my original post but this is not a raise or fold situation. Folding is clearly wrong, that's all I'm saying. I'm calling here with much lower pocket pairs, as I suspect you are too, so folding a higher pocket pair is absurb.

sublime
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I agree completely that raising is better than calling as I stated in my original post but this is not a raise or fold situation. Folding is clearly wrong, that's all I'm saying. I'm calling here with much lower pocket pairs, as I suspect you are too, so folding a higher pocket pair is absurb.

Agreed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As usual i went overboard here, just wanted to make sure that people understood that there is really no reason to call here. Like zero reason, not even a fraction. But you are correct, folding would be awful as well.