PDA

View Full Version : 3 9-18 pocket KK hands

01-26-2002, 03:29 PM
1. i raise with KK utg and a bad A2C player calls on the button. the big blind calls.

the flop is Q74. checked to me, i bet, button calls, bb folds.

the turn is an A. i bet, button raises, i fold.

----------------------------------------------

2. i raise with KK after 1 limper in mid position, the cutoff calls, the sb (same very bad player as above) calls, bb calls, limper calls. 5 way action.

flop is J44 two diamonds, sb bets, bb calls, limper folds, i raise, cutoff calls, sb 3 bets, everyone calls.

turn is another J. checked around.

river is a 3h. checked to me, i bet, cutoff calls, sb calls.

--------------------------------------------

3. same bad player is in the bb, buddy who plays well raises, i just call with KK in mid position. (my friend and i will check it down when it gets heads up and id like the bad player in the pot). bb calls as expeceted. 3 way.

flop is 752. bb bets, buddy raises, i call, bb calls.

turn is a T. bb bets again, buddy calls, i call.

river is a Q. bb checks, buddy checks, i bet, they both call.

any comments on any of these?

---------------------------------------------

01-26-2002, 11:56 PM

01-27-2002, 01:17 AM
in not revealing the strength of my hand i made it so it wouldnt get heads up between my friend and i. part of the reason i did this is so i could get paid off by my friend as well. he's done this to me as well with big hands by smoothcalling my raises.

in retrospect the bb would have probably called 2 bets cold so my move was pointless. (the bb won the hand by the way--75 for 2 pair).

also, my friend had no idea of what i held. if he did then i agree it wouldve been collusion.

01-27-2002, 05:12 AM
Hand #1:

I have trouble folding KK on the turn just because an Ace hits when the hand is heads-up (or any big pair when just one overcard hits). In multi-way pots, it's easy. Heads-up, I'm not so sure.

It's probably a good fold, especially since he raised your turn bet. It would have been a bad situation if you had checked the turn and had to figure out where you were when he bet.

Hand #2:

Good flop play. Good turn play.

I would have checked the river. I think your beat by a 4 somewhere. It's just hard to see what they can call with that you will beat- especially since the flush didn't get there.

Hand #3:

You've got to 3-bet either pre-flop or on the flop- preferably pre-flop. And, you should raise the turn after you don't. C'mon, Mike, ram those Kings down the bb's throat.

01-27-2002, 04:34 PM
i lost all 3 hands (obviously i folded hand 1).

the bb did have a 4 in hand 2 and 2 pair in hand 3. i was called by a worse hand by the cutoff in hand 3. she held TT. so my bet had some value in this game i think, but i shouldve been more wary of a 4 and just checked.

01-28-2002, 08:30 AM
You played your hand differently then you normally would based on a pre-arranged deal with your friend. This is certainly cheating.

01-28-2002, 10:34 AM
No, what you did is unethical. You softplay your friend and that isn't right. If you can't play hard against him you should never play in the same game.

01-28-2002, 12:36 PM
nm

01-28-2002, 03:34 PM
1. Many players will put you on AK, so when there is an A or K on the board and you get check-raised on the turn, you can fold against them. Many of the players who do get frisky on the turn out of position without a big hand, will have a big draw, so you need to be carefull with two flushes and straight cards. Basically, before you bet you should know whether or not you can call a raise. Against some people, where you just don't know, then you need to check to protect yourself. Your fold is usually fine, even easy, but if you have to ask... maybe you should've checked the turn.

2. Weird hand. I'd bet the turn when checked to and check the river. Betting the river much of the time after the turn check seems fine. SB is an idiot.

3. I'd almost never cold call pre-flop with KK in mid position. You need a very good reason not to, and the one you offered isn't very good. This 'check-it-down' agreement... you should carefully think about who typically benefits from it -- if you're not willing to consider the ethical problems. I'd raise the turn most of the time after the previous action.

01-28-2002, 06:07 PM
its not really good to let friends 'off the hook' like that. tends to make it a team game. table against you guys. basically yer both playin the table minus 1 guy. yer the one who said ya 'check it down with him if HU'..why? its nice for your friend and you, but what about the rest of the table.

what if ya had 3 or 4 buds with ya on the table. ya gonna check it down with them? why not?

i was on a table with a bud of mine . me, him and another player saw the flop. it came paired. bud was on my right. i checkraised the flop, for the other player out, my bud stayed for the turn, then folded.

a guy next to me said "man, thats hard...bettin into your friend like that."

i said, "outside the betting ring we're buds. anything inside is war."

at least ya bet it on the river. woulda been a different post if an A or some other card hit the river to beat ya. knowing ya may have won if ya bet yer hand earlier...

b