Great report.

GuyOnTilt
07-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Commerce 10-20NL rules. Olé!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thanks for the invite. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

jkinetic
07-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Were you the dude that busted me with 10,9 of diamonds?

andyfox
07-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Hasta la vista, baby.

Hope we can catch up next time.

Andy

Ulysses
07-05-2004, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you the dude that busted me with 10,9 of diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that was GiftOfGab. You flop two pair there? BTW, that was an unbelievable call you got w/ A5. Sick. That was the greatest game ever. I can't believe you left it. You must have gotten a call from a really hot chick or something. I was in the 5 seat.

Ulysses
07-05-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hope we can catch up next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, andy. I would have stayed a day or two longer this time, but I wasn't sure if they had any money left. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FWIW, I've now played a very small number of limit sessions and not quite as small a number of no-limit sessions and the legendary Commerce bad behavior seems to be way worse in the limit games.

There was, however, no shortage of constant whining at the no-limit tables.

NLfool
07-05-2004, 11:22 PM
what was the rake or time charge, was there a jackpot drop? Min/max buyin etc. thx

Ulysses
07-05-2004, 11:57 PM
$9/half-hour, no jackpot, $1000 min buyin, no max.

jkinetic
07-06-2004, 02:32 AM
El Diablo,

Let me formally introduce myself as Jasper.

The game was great but I made the right move. I played some 100-200 and scored over 10 dimes. I am a loser and degenerate, my girlfriend is hot but I would rather play poker some(most) nights than be with her.

That A5 call was unfingbelievable.

I swear he had AK and that is why I wanted to run it a few times because the way I was running at that point I knew he was going to catch up, as he would have if he did indeed hold the AK. AQ is a dangerous hand to have in big bet poker but surprisingly some of the biggest pots I have won have been with that hand.

Yes, I had top two but I wanted to represent the set which I thought I did a good job of, he even said you have a set. I won't talk bad about your boy but I thought calling in that spot was questionable. I am sure some stripper who gave the Gift a lapdance will buy a few pairs of nice shoes with my money. I am assuming he is a Blackalicious fan, just a guess...but what do I know, my read was A9 of diamonds not 10,9.

I thought on that Jacks full or 8's full you should have smooth called on the turn and then led on the river. Unless you only had a set of 5's there and wanted to protect.

I hope big bet poker is here to stay but I do think it is going to dry up soon. How long can a game last with players calling all in bets with A5?

Ulysses
07-06-2004, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The game was great but I made the right move. I played some 100-200 and scored over 10 dimes. I am a loser and degenerate, my girlfriend is hot but I would rather play poker some(most) nights than be with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I guess I'll prob see you next time I'm there, then. The limit games did indeed look v. good. Nice work.

[ QUOTE ]
That A5 call was unfingbelievable.

I swear he had AK and that is why I wanted to run it a few times because the way I was running at that point I knew he was going to catch up, as he would have if he did indeed hold the AK. AQ is a dangerous hand to have in big bet poker but surprisingly some of the biggest pots I have won have been with that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put you on top two or better there. I thought he had something like a worse two pair or maybe AK, but that's a really tough call. For those not there, the turn board was A2QJ w/ a second club on the turn. A few hundred in the pot. Turn action goes check, bet a few hundred, checkraise for $1000 more. Dude tanks and calls w/ A5, one pair no draw. Heh.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I had top two but I wanted to represent the set which I thought I did a good job of, he even said you have a set. I won't talk bad about your boy but I thought calling in that spot was questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he asked if you had a set when deciding whether to run it multiple times or not, but I don't think that's what he actually put you on. He can pipe in if he cares to, I guess. Anyway, FWIW, given the stacks, I think him moving in on the flop would have been better than calling. He has to call on the turn, though.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought on that Jacks full or 8's full you should have smooth called on the turn and then led on the river. Unless you only had a set of 5's there and wanted to protect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally f'ed up that hand. This is so embarrassing to say, but I f'ed it up in every way. Note that I was really tired after two nights of just a couple hours sleep and a completely messed up schedule. Anyway, first off, at first I thought the flush got there on the turn and that the one seat got there - he would have called a huge raise with a flush. Second off, I didn't realize that he had put more cash behind his stack. So, I thought he only had 700 or so left and I was just going to raise that much - which then Gab would call w/ anything decent as well. Once he told me he had me covered (which it turns out wasn't actually true), I got all flustered trying to come up w/ the right amount and just went w/ default 2/3 pot. All in all, at least a $1000 blunder there. I think your line is fine, but I think a $500 turn checkraise is even better - at least one and maybe both of them would have called that much there and then perhaps another bet on the river.

BTW, us NorCal players aren't used to the whole cash plays thing. I hate not being able to easily count everyone down. Also, the only thing I didn't like about the NL tables was that a lot of players were pretty bad about not showing their big chips.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope big bet poker is here to stay but I do think it is going to dry up soon. How long can a game last with players calling all in bets with A5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's hard to see games staying that good for long.

jkinetic
07-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Funny story about that A5 hand.

First off the pot was much bigger than you described, it was $4700.
I reraised on the flop for a $1000 straight and then went all in on
the turn for $1200+.

I had a pack of Rolaids behind my stack and afterwards that dude asked
me if he could have one. Of course I obliged, he just donated over $2000
to me. So then I asked him if he was feeling well and he responded by
saying he had an upset stomach. I was going to tell him that not even
all the antacids in the world would have made my stomach feel better
after losing over 2 dimes on some piece of cheese like A5 but he seemed
like a nice guy so I refrained.

The next day I back my friend in the 100-200 stud game. Being mildly
supertitious, I put my pack of Rolaids next to his stack as I sit behind him
to sweat. Then the following hand came up against my horse and the great
Danny Robinson. Basically they go to war, Seabiscuit had 8's full and the legend
had A,K high flush.

As my friend was stacking the chips I swear I saw Danny Robinson staring at my pack
of Rolaids, or I'd like to think so. He could have been staring at all the chips
he just lost. I was going to ask him if he wanted a Rolaids but for the first time
at poker I lacked the heart and didn't ask. I didn't want to disrespect a legend.
I think that hand put him on slight tilt, as he played the next hand poorly in my
opinion. He bet buried Q's all the way when it was pretty clear to me that the guy
calling him down had split K's and wasn't going to lay down.

Afterwards, my friend and I leave and when I get to my car I realize I forgot my pack
of Rolaids. So I call my friend on the celly and leave a voicemail, I said it was an
emergency. He calls me right back and I ask if he has my Rolaids, he says, "Was that
the emergency you were referring to on your message?", I responded by saying, "That pack
of Rolaids won me over 2 dimes I had no business winning and contributed to the sick
feeling that Danny Robinson has in his stomach right now."